Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Like My Boots Little (8th Meditation)

Victoria Christina Hesketh was born on May 4, 1984 in Thornton, Lancashire, United Kingdom. She is the eldest of four children born to a writer mother, she was bound to be creative, right? Pretty much. Hesketh takes the stage name Little Boots performing electro-pop. She is pretty well known in the United Kingdom, but not so much here. In fact, her album hasn’t even been released over here despite it being released on June 8th in the U.K. But leave it to my cousin Alex to bring this British sensation to my American bedroom.

Little Boots is very comparable to Lady GaGa and makes you wonder if GaGa has a British twin. Her music has a similar feel to that of GaGa, in the way that makes you want to get up and dance as it encompasses your limbic brain. It’s extremely catchy, and I personally may like it a little better than GaGa’s music because it seems more natural. Little Boots also styles herself similarly to GaGa, as in they both wear pretty out there clothes (although, GaGa is definitely more out there) and they both have platinum blond hair.





Her music video for her current U.K. single Remedy is very cool. I like all the effects that are used, like the kaleidoscope action that is going on. It’s also a very flashy video with a lot of colors and lights, which I enjoy on occasion. The video also uses the beautiful people technique because she is very made-up to look beautiful.

I think that if Little Boots can get her music on to the United States music scene that she could be very successful. I hope that it does happen for her because I would really like to hear her music on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment